Hello and welcome to the DIY All Day guide on how to build a computer.
Let us start by saying: there is nothing more frustrating than trying to do something new with an incomplete set of instructions. We at DIY All Day feel your pain. Other guides are incomplete, outdated or worse—both. That’s why when we set out to make our guide on how to build a computer we wanted to make it the best on the net. It is our hope that with this guide that even someone with very little experience can get their parts ordered, assemble their system and handle any troubleshooting that may be required to get the system up and running.
We updated this guide periodically following any major hardware release. Check the “Last Updated” date at the top of any article to see when it was last revised.
Do you love this site and want to become a promoter? Find out how you can Help DIY All Day.
4. Buying Parts
10. Selecting a Case
15. The Basic System
19. Home Theater PCs
26. Installing the Motherboard and Power Supply [With Video!]
27. Installing the Optical Drive and HDD [With Video!]
28. Installing the Processor and RAM [With Video!]
29. Installing the Video Card, Wireless Card, or Any Other Card [With Video!]
30. Hooking Everything Up [With Video!]